It is time for a new release – version 0.2.2. Changes are mainly results from what I had learned during the tests and presentations in India and Myanmar.
The most notable enhancements are:
- The formatting of messages is now much more visually attractive with balloons that indicate the author and the recipient (if not a comment or a message in a group chat).
- Group administrators (owners) and group moderators can now send out notifications to all members. These messages go either to the local inbox, or they are sent out by email. This will considerable help to keep the members in the loop, even if they don’t sign in regularly.
- Now also groups that are subscribed to events can receive a reminder (if enabled in the event properties). These reminders go to all people who are members of that group at the time when the reminder is being sent. This feature is the logical implementation of the concept that groups can sign up for resources just like users do, making it easy for members to receive all interesting resources just by joining the right group.
- Uncommon languages can use their language code according to ISO 639-3.
- Users can sign in using their email address instead of their username. This is one of the improvements that will help particularly newbies.
- The password strength meter (colors indicating how secure it is when you sign up or change your password) considers now the minimum requirements that are needed to sign up, rather than giving only a general assessment.
- numerous bug fixes, improvements in the design and much clearer and accurate system messages
Our mobile app is still heavily under construction, and we will continue development during the holidays. Stay tuned!